Lectures and seminars to medical students in the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th years of their course (respiratory diseases, occupational medicine, molecular immunology) plus clinical teaching plus lectures/tutorials to dental medical students, nursing staff, paramedical staff and medical laboratory technologists. Postgraduate tutorials and clinical teaching.
- The Teacher of the Year award, 1990; the University of Western Australia School of Medicine (selected by the medical student body)
- The Excellence in Teaching award, 1997; the University of Western Australia Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- The Teacher of the Year award, 1999; the University of Western Australia School of Medicine (selected by the medical student body).
Initiated the following components to the medical school curriculum:
- Course in ‘Communication skills in medicine’.
- Teaching Weekend for final year medical students.
- Course in Medical Research for medical students.
- Seminars on medical education for teachers of clinical medicine